Oxford Handbook of Oxford Handbook of
- The only book you need as a concise reference to the fourteen core specialties
- Over 500 colour diagrams, tables, and photographs to aid your diagnosis
- Helpful quotes and questions improve understanding of illness and issues from the patient’s perspective
- Clear, logical focus on presentation, diagnosis, and management of conditions makes this an indispensable guide on the ward, or as a revision tool
- The perfect companion to the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine
New to this Edition:
- Brand new chapter on doctor’s health and performance
- A full new contributing team has been brought on board to ensure that the information and management given is in line with current practice
- Each chapter has been reviewed by a junior doctor to keep the content relevant to readers’ lived experience
- Brand new photographs, illustrations, and anatomical diagrams have been added to this edition
- The psychiatry chapter has been fully updated by a practising psychiatrist
For over thirty years, the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Specialties has guided students and junior doctors through their clinical placements, renowned for providing all the information needed for both practice and revision in a deceptively small package. Now in its eleventh edition, the Handbook has been revitalized by an expanded team of specialty experts and junior doctors to guide readers through each of the specialties encountered through medical school and Foundation Programme rotations, while remaining true to the humanity and patient focus of the original edition.
Updated with the latest advice and clinical guidelines, packed full of high-quality illustrations, boxes, tables, and classifications, and with a brand new chapter on how to survive your junior doctor years and beyond, this handbook is ideal for both study and use at direct point of care. Each chapter is clear and concise and filled with medical gems, with features including ribbons to mark your most-used pages and mnemonics to help you memorize and retain key facts. With reassuring and friendly advice throughout, this is the ultimate guide and revision tool for every medical student and junior doctor for each clinical specialty placement.
This well-loved Handbook remains the perfect companion to the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine, together encompassing the entire spectrum of clinical medicine and unmatched by any competitor in their class, helping you become the doctor you want to be.